New Prairie Construction logo

McKinley Presbyterian Church Narthex Door Restoration

* Landmark Heritage Award Winner *

As with many older buildings, maintenance on this 1912 structure is a constant requirement. The 4 sets of doors on the 1952 addition are the only wood doors remaining on the church building. New Prairie removed 1 set of double doors on the North elevation, and stripped, repaired, and refinished them. Some existing operating hardware was cleaned and polished, but other components were replaced in order to meet egress code requirements.

The restoration of the narthex (the vestibule leading to the nave of a church) doors is definitely a “work in progress,”  — 3 more sets of doors need the same attention — but McKinley’s commitment to maintaining the original architectural look of the building is to be commended!

Click or double-tap images to see them in larger lightbox format.