Professional development and continuing education are key to maintaining a broad and versatile skill set for New Prairie Construction staff.
By seeking additional training and certifications we have expanded our base to include the following areas of expertise:
- Home Energy Efficiency Assessment headed by our Building Performance Institute Certified Building Analyst and Building Envelope Specialist, Chris Walker.
- Solar Panel Installation headed by our North American Board of Energy Practitioners Certified PV Installation Professional™, Nicholas Gordon
- Mixing and applying historic lime mortars and plasters (see U.S. Heritage)
- Making and applying natural paints and finishes
- Many of our carpenters are trained in home energy issues and air-sealing techniques by Jeff Gordon, researcher and educator (now retired) with the Indoor Climate Research & Training (ICRT) program (formerly the Building Research Council) at the U of I.
- North American Board of Energy Practitioners PV Installation Professional